Welcome to the Bayou City Cup Series III presented in part by Gateway Classic Cars. A few things you will need to know.
1. Rule #1… Have Fun & Enjoy your show!
2. Upon entering the parking lot, you will be issued a numbered index card to bring to the registration desk to complete your process of registration.
3. Registration will close at 12pm Noon sharp.
4. See registration desk for Show Classes.
5. This is a participant vote show and you may pick up your ballot at the registration at
12:15pm & they are due back by 1pm.
6. A little info on the judging process. Each show participant will be issued one ballot per
entry. You will be randomly issued one of three different ballots. Each of these three ballots are numbered 1, 2, & 3. And will each differ from one another, i.e., different ballots = different classes to judge. Collectively, all three of the ballots will cover all classes offered at today’s show.
7. No alcohol can be brought onto the show grounds. No ice chests w/ alcohol are allowed.
8. Split the Pot, 50/50 tickets will be sold to raise monies for the 100 Club of Houston.
9. There are a total of 35 awards & the award ceremony will be held at 3:30pm. You must be present to win.
10. If you need to leave early for any reason, please let us know in advance. We will assist you.
So what exactly is the Bayou City Cup Series? In a nutshell, it’s a series of fifteen Car Shows that provides some Sunday Funday all the while while raising funding for the 100 Club of Houston. And of course, having a good time along the way. Presented in part by Gateway Classic Cars and produced by Showplace Classics, the series of will held in ten different cities/towns, all throughout the greater Houston area. The series will run through Humble, Tomball, Houston, Webster, Stafford, Montrose, Seabrook, & Sugarland. Along the way, some of the nicest hardware will be presented to the show winners. In addition, points to each winner will be awarded based on the quality of their win. We will track these points from show to show to determine the Bayou City Grand Champion. The Bayou City Cup Series allows Show Cars to compete against each other all throughout Houston. Thus pitting some of the best of the best against each other in a season long series that ends with a Grand Champion.
We are often asked, “Is it necessary that I attend and compete at each show to win an award?” Our answer is always, “Nope. Nada, not even.” As the series travels throughout Houston, many join in on the good times as the series rolls in their area. But if you feel that you have a ride that can compete with the Best of the Best, then you might want to set your calendar and plan to attend each show possible so you can have the opportunity to gain the points needed to be awarded Grand Champion. The show series offers same day registration, convenient locations, lunch off a menu and a whole lot of fun.
As a participant, you will compete to be of one of the Top 35 rides at each show. In November, at the final show, (Otto’s BBQ, Stafford) a Grand Champion for the third Bayou City Cup Series will be announced. We hope to see you! If not, plan to join in on the fun this summer as the series goes through your area!
Points for Bayou City Cup Series will be awarded as follows:
Class Award Winner, 7 pts
Best in Class, 10 pts
Best Chevy, Best GM, Best Ford/Linc/Merc, & Best Mopar, 12 pts
Best Paint, Best Engine, 15 pts
Best in Show, 25 pts